Friday, May 21, 2010

can he come to America?

Their last meal in QHD had to be done by the man himself. Khaki Ken.

As soon as the boys walked in the restaurant, Khaki brought them cold beers. How kind. He also gave my parents a package of tea as a gift. And the best part, he gave us free sweet and sour chicken because last time it sucked. He loves us.
He also drank with my father. And then my dad hugged him. It was amazing.
It was the perfect meal. My friend John just kept saying my dad was so "cute". It was pretty stinkin' cute.

After lunch we had to go. We got all 100 bags and headed out.
We create quite the scene with all our luggage.

And then the goodbye we all had been dreading.... Robin.
He was so sad. It was just too hard to watch.
It's weird saying bye to someone not knowing when or if you will ever see them again. Luckily for me I get to see him on Monday. And I'm trying not to think about how I am going to say bye to him in July... Why can't he just come with us?

We made it on the train with all 250 bags.
We are always the entertainment everywhere we go. Without even meaning to be.

We got to Beijing, and checked into our hotel. Our pimped out hotel.
This is my mom and I's room. Spiral stair case to our bedroom. 2 bathrooms. 1 bathroom including a bidet toilet and heated toilet seat. I want one of those toilets. It was just so fun every time.

Because of our premier status at this hotel we got to partake in Happy Hour.
I love happy hour with my family, in China.

The wine and apps. didn't fill us up, so I took them to one of my favorites. Peter's Tex Mex.
We subwayed it there.

But apparently everyone had the same dinner plans because we had to wait for a table.
So we got caught up on our reading.

Mexican food, margs, and my parents.
Feels like we are back in Oklahoma.
It was a great dinner, excellent food, and even better company.

We got back to the hotel and we had to clean the filth of the city off our feet.
Did you know this place is dirty?

After dinner it was a race to the bidet toilet! Popular little toilet.

kisses.

No comments: