Saturday, March 20, 2010

i hate goodbyes

There are some things you must do while you are in China.

Eat as much food as you can
pee in a squatter toilet
climb the Great Wall
have an adventure with Robin
experience the driving,
and drink milk out of a bag.

Cathy can now leave the country knowing she has done all on the list.

We took them to the bus this morning. They are taking the airport shuttle from QHD to Beijing. I knew it was going to be an emotional goodbye, but I thought I could contain myself.

Robin couldn't! He loves the girls too!

We managed to get one picture where we aren't all crying all over the place. (and we are also aapart of the glasses club apparently)

The Chinese peeps on the bus had no idea what to think of us, 5 American girls (Kylie was there taking pictures, holding back tears, she misses her friends too) and 1 Chinese man just crying and hugging on the bus. We made a scene. As we do everywhere together.

And as quickly as they came, they were gone.

And then it was just us. And pretty soon we are going to have to say goodbye to him. I can't do that.

After I stopped crying in the parking lot and their bus was out of sight, we tried to make it for McDonald's b-fast, but was too late, so we dominated some cheeseburgers at 10 in the morning.

I miss them already. Thank you so much for coming and visiting. I know China isn't glamourous, and it smells, but it loved you a lot! And I think I know a few 100 students who would happy to be your guide next time you come!

kisses.

2 comments:

Kara Pyo said...

that picture of robin crying on the bus is so depressing! I'm glad I won't be there when he says goodbye to you. that's going to be intense...and tragic!

Cathy said...

What I do love about these robin pics is that he is holding your purse. How Chinese of him.