Friday, February 3, 2012

Surprise! Let's get married and have a birthday!

My Friday night was not a normal typical Friday night.

Family friends of ours, The Jacksons, were throwing a surprise 25th birthday party for their son Peter. His girlfriend Nicole was in on it. They had planned a great party at Stillwater's newest hip restaurant and as far as everyone knew Peter had no idea.
Nicole was so excited she pulled it off.

Peter started in on a (planned) speech.
She was just listening...

And then...
He dropped to one knee and proposed!
Peter had planned the whole thing, and Nicole had no idea it was an engagement party for herself!
I love this picture. Peter is hugging his mom Paula, and Nicole is admiring her giant rock.

The rest of the night was full of celebrating a birthday and an engagement!
So glad I knew this was happening before it happened so I could emotionally prepare myself!
The usual "Marshall isn't here" pic.

2 families joining together.

It was a mini Stillwater reunion and I got to catch up with friends I haven't seen in years. I got to watch 2 people in love get engaged. And I actually got to be around for such a great event. However, I was missing and wishing Marshall could have been there.

Peter did such an amazing job planning everything and her ring, oooh boy. Her ring! Peter and Nicole, Congratulations! I am so happy for you 2! 

kisses.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is so sweet! I love this engagement idea- so wonderful!