Sunday, March 18, 2012

we get to be zombies!

Ever since I started watching The Walking Dead, I thought it would be awesome to be able to be a zombie (walker) on the show. And if you have never seen the show, you probably think I'm crazy, but it looks so fun to walk around dragging your foot making the zombie sounds. But, since I have no ties to famous people that probably isn't going to happen. So my dreams of becoming a real life walker seem to be slipping from my hands....

You know how I posted here about the Zombie 5k in Denver. Well, I didn't actually read the website because if I did I would have read that you can BE A ZOMBIE. Marshall read the website and figured this magical information out.

It cost $25 to make your dreams a reality. 

So, we signed up to be zombies, July 14th in Denver. If you happen to be in the area and would like to join us, please do. (We have a group started, we are called "Walkers"....) Also, if you aren't going to be in the area, but want to fulfill your dreams of being a zombie (and watch mine come true too) please join us.

Here are a few perks about being a zombie.
- Professional zombie make up.... how can someone resist that?
- A free t-shirt... you know I don't actually pay for t-shirts.
- BEER... enough said on that.
- You get to run the race for FREE. The race  is about $75... I don't think I'll run, because who am I kidding, I don't run, but I have the option.
-And tons of other free zombie perks!

They say that wardrobe is provided but you are welcome to bring your own zombie costume, bride zombie, clown zombie, Downton Abbey zombie, whatever you want. And there are prizes for best zombie costume. The type of zombie we are signed up to be, just stumble around all zombie like, trying to take the runners flags (it's like flag football, runner gets more than one flag, and when the zombie's take all your flags, you die). There are rules, no tackling, biting, hitting, or eating the runners. Seems doable. And seems awesome.
So friends near and far... the invitation is out there. 
You just have to accept.
But hurry, zombie slots are filling up!

p.s. Theta friends, we can not have a reunion this weekend. 

kisses.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

This made me laugh so hard! :)
I think it is awesome, though.
My boyfriend, all his friends, and my whole family watch that show. I'm pretty sure I am the only one who doesn't. ;)
I can't wait to see the photos when the time arrives!
much love, colie.

Valerie said...

please be lavinia swire zombie and have marshall be kamal pamuk zombie.