Monday, January 21, 2013

Bikes and Gators

To finish off our weekend of fun we decided to drive to The Everglades, about an hour away, and ride bikes with the gators.

We heard about this 15 mile loop where you can bring your own bikes, or rent crappy ones (which is what we did) and you bike ride with gators just hanging out, sunbathing on the side of the road.

I was pretty scared when we started. Personally, this was my first 'ride with gators so close to me' experience, I didn't know if they were going to attack me or not! They didn't, thank goodness.

We decided to count and see how many alligators we saw. 
We saw a lot of newborn gators, baby gators, medium sized gators, huge gators, and we even saw a gator fight between 2 big ones. It was awesome.
We counted 101. 
101 cute creepy gators.

 The gators didn't care about us. We would go up to them, they wouldn't move. 
BUT they always kept their eyes on us, which was actually pretty creepy. If there eyes were closed, and we stopped, they would open their eyes and then just watch us....


From all the 101 gators we saw, I had a few that I just wished I could have taken home and trained them to love me and not eat me. I loved the little babies because they looked like stuffed animals, but mostly I loved this guy who was just hanging out on the road.
 If you weren't looking where you were going, he would have eaten you for sure.
But look how fun he looks!?

kisses.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

This is amazing. Where is this, specifically? My man and I want to do this so badly...well me more than him. But, where is this, none the less!

Amanda Rose
http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

Bethany said...

Ooo so cool! What a fun adventure!

Valerie said...

i want to say something about how the gators are so ugly they're cute, but i can't stop being distracted by the fact you are wearing shorts and a tank in JANUARY. you live in paradise.

Ashley said...

101?! omg ya'll are brave. when i lived in hilton head, i ran around this one mile pond in the middle of a neighborhood and there was a 6 foot alligator that lived in it. and i would always get so bummed and stop running altogether when he was sunning on the bank #scaredycat!